Greens & lettuce should be dried after washing, either by a salad spinner or gently with towels. Arugula will remain freshest if stored in the crisper section of your refrigerator in a loosely tied plastic bag rolled in a dry paper towel to absorb excess moisture from washing.
Easy Arugula Salad
4 cups young arugula leaves, rinsed and dried
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
2 tablespoons grapeseed oil or olive oil
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper to taste
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 large avocado - peeled, pitted and sliced
1. In a large plastic bowl with a lid, combine arugula, cherry tomatoes, pine nuts, oil, vinegar, and Parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover, and shake to mix.
2. Divide salad onto plates, and top with slices of avocado.
Arugula Salad with Beets and Goat Cheese
Beets - (roasted until soft, about an hour), peeled, sliced into strips
- Fresh arugula - rinsed, patted dry with a paper towel
- Goat cheese (aka plain chevre)
- Walnuts - chopped
- Olive oil
- Dry powdered mustard
- Salt and pepper
The amount of ingredients depends on number and size of desired portions. The important thing is that this is a good mix of flavors.
The dressing for three individual salads was approximately 1/4 cup of olive oil, 1/2 lemon, 1/4 teaspoon of powdered mustard, 3/4 teaspoon of sugar, salt and pepper to taste.
Assemble the salad according to how much you want, or have your guests assemble their own. A handful of arugula leaves, a few beet slices, some crumbled goat cheese, garnish with chopped walnuts. Use a vinaigrette salad dressing or the recipe above.
Arugula, Apple, & Goat Cheese Salad
3 cups arugula
- 1 apple, cubed
- 4 ounces fresh goat cheese
- extra virgin olive oil, to taste, use best quality
- white balsamic vinegar, to taste
- Orange juice, in roughly equal proportion with oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
1. Put the arugula, apple, and crumbled goat cheese together in a serving bowl.
2. Shake together olive oil, vinegar, and orange juice, toss with salad and season with salt and pepper. Garnish with toasted nuts and/or dried sweetened cranberries.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?